A salary certificate UAE is an official document that outlines an employee’s income and employment details, including basic salary, allowances, and deductions. In the UAE, salary certificates are commonly used for applying for loans, renting an apartment, and processing visas.
For employees, salary proof in UAE serves as proof of income, which is useful when applying for financial products. On the other hand, employers are legally required to provide their employees with a salary certificate upon request.
This Dbd guide aims to assist readers in obtaining a salary certificate UAE. We will provide information on the requirements and procedures for obtaining a salary certificate. We will also highlight different authorities that attest to the document.
What is a salary certificate?
A salary certificate is a document issued by an employer to an employee that provides information about the employee’s salary and details. Banks or other financial institutions often request it when an employee applies for a loan or credit card.
A salary certificate or pay stub is important for employees because it shows their income and deductions. Aside from personal use or portfolio, you can use the certificate for: GeeksforGeeks, “Importance, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/salary-slip/#:~:text=Why%20is%20a,and%20medical%20supplies.”
- Showing proof of employment
- Applying for loans or credit cards
- Qualify for government aids
- Tax audits
- Employee incentives
- Proof of income
It is a formal document verifying an employee’s salary and employment details. Some common information on a salary certificate are:
- Employee’s and employers’ name
- Employee’s position or job title
- Basic salary
- Net salary
- Gross salary
- Allowances (if any)
- Deductions (if any)
- Bonuses (if any)
How to obtain a salary certificate UAE?
Obtaining a salary certificate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a straightforward process. Some of the methods to get it are:
From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC)
Here’s a step-by-step guide to verifying or attesting your employee salary certificate.
Step 2: Log in or register the UAE Pass with your Emirates ID.
Step 3: Go to Individual from “Individual or Companies.”
Step 4: Click on ”Attestation of Official Documents, Certificates, and Commercial Invoices.”
Step 5: Now, click on “Start Service.”
Step 6: Enter all the necessary details and upload the required documents.
Step 7: Now make the payment requested by MOFAIC.
After you complete the process, you’ll receive a reference number via SMS and Email. When your document is ready, a courier service will deliver it to our given address.
- Company signature card
- Passport copy with valid Emirates ID.
- Signed salary certificate by an auditor with your company head.
- List the necessary documents required to apply for a salary certificate in UAE.
- Labout contract copy if you’re applying from India with a salary below 10,000 AED.
From your company
To get a salary certificate from your company, you can follow these steps:
- Contact your company’s Human Resources (HR) department and inquire about the process.
- Provide the necessary information to your HR department. This may include your Emirates ID, passport copy, and bank account details.
- You can look up various salary certificate samples if you want a specific salary certificates format.
- The processing time for salary certificates may vary depending on the company policy.
- Once the salary certificate is ready, you can collect it from your HR department.
- The certificate should be on company letterhead with your basic salary, allowances, deductions, etc.
- Before submitting the salary certificate to any government or private entity, verify all the details.
Tips for verifying and collecting your documents
Here are some tips to ensure that all your documents are in order before applying for any services:
- Before starting the application process, carefully review the requirements for salary certificate for the bank.
- Ensure your documents are in the required format, such as PDF, JPEG, or Word. Some services may require specific document size, resolution, or payslip format.
- Check the expiration date of any documents required, such as your passport or visa.
- Before submitting any documents, review them thoroughly to ensure all the information is accurate and current.
- Some services may require documents to be attested, meaning they must be verified by a relevant authority.
- Make copies of your documents before submitting them. This can help you keep track of your records and provide a backup in case of any mishaps.
Salary certificate fees
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MOFAIC) charges 150 DIrhams for issuing a free zone salary certificate. In addition, an extra fee of 6.06 AED is applicable as an E-dirham fee. The total cost for obtaining a salary certificate from MOFAIC would be AED 156.06.
The different payment methods available for paying the fees are: MOF, “Fees, https://mof.gov.ae/ministry-of-finance-customers-can-now-pay-government-services-fees-using-the-various-payment-methods-accepted-in-the-uae/”
- Online bank transfers
- Credit and debit cards
- DubaiPay app
- Samsung Pay
- Apple Pay
- If you’re in need of a police clearance certificate in Dubai, our comprehensive guide provides a step-by-step guide on how to obtain one.
- Check out our guide on how to get an MRN number in Dubai – here.
- Our guide on TRN verification in Dubai covers everything you need to know to verify your TRN quickly and accurately.
- To ensure you’re calculating your gratuity correctly when working in the UAE, check out our guide on how to calculate gratuity in UAE.
Why do I need a salary certificate in UAE?
A salary certificate is often required for various purposes, such as obtaining a loan, renting a property, or applying for a visa. It verifies an individual’s income and employment details and can serve as proof of income.
Who issues a salary certificate in UAE?
Is a salary certificate in UAE mandatory for all employees?
No, a salary certificate is not mandatory for all employees. However, UAE companies must pay their employees via a secured Wage Protection System (WPS.)
Can I use my salary certificate from my previous employer in UAE?
Yes, you can use a salary certificate from your previous owner. You can use the certificate while applying for a new job.
How often do I need to renew my salary slip in UAE?
The validity of a salary certificate may vary depending on the organization or entity requesting it. Some may require a certificate no older than three months, while others may accept a certificate up to six months old.
Obtaining a salary attestation in UAE is an important aspect of living and working in the Emirates. It serves as proof of income for applying for loans, renting properties, or obtaining visas. We hope this Dbd guide on salary certificate UAE was helpful.
It is essential to ensure that all your documents are in order before applying and to follow the specific requirements. Being prepared and organized can increase the likelihood of a successful salary statement in UAE.
About the author
Arijit Negi is an expatriate living in Dubai for 18 years. He completed his degree in Master of Arts in Journalism from the University of Mumbai. Arijit focuses on providing helpful guides and information for ex-pats living in UAE and visitors to the UAE.
|↑1||GeeksforGeeks, “Importance, https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/salary-slip/#:~:text=Why%20is%20a,and%20medical%20supplies.”|
|↑2||Eservices MOHRE, “Documents required, /https://eservices.mol.gov.ae/molforms/help/pdf/48_en.pdf”|
|↑3||MOF, “Fees, https://mof.gov.ae/ministry-of-finance-customers-can-now-pay-government-services-fees-using-the-various-payment-methods-accepted-in-the-uae/”|
|↑4||MOFAIC, “Salary certificate, https://www.mofaic.gov.ae/en”|