When buying a car, it is essential to check its accident history. This ensures the driver’s and passengers’ safety and avoids any financial risks.
In this Dbd guide, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to check the accident history of a car in UAE. We will also explain why it is essential to check a car’s accident history before making a purchase.
While compiling this article, we followed a step-by-step approach, breaking the process into easy-to-follow instructions.
We have also included screenshots of the online platforms to provide visual aids for the readers. Also, we aim to make vehicle accident history check in UAE simple, accessible, and informative.
How to check car accident report in UAE?
To obtain the vehicle history in the UAE, you must provide the relevant authorities with the vehicle identification number (VIN) or chassis number. This section will discuss how to check the car accident report in UAE, including the steps involved and the different methods available. Gulf News, “Second hand car, … Continue reading
Method 1: Via Emirates Vehicle Gate (EVG)
Step 2: Now enter the vehicle’s chassis number and press “Search” for the vehicle history report accident inquiry.
Step 3: Now, you’ll be able to see all the reports and accidents of the vehicle.
1. Via Ministry of Interior (MOI)
Step 2: Enter the vehicle’s chassis number and check the box “I’m not a robot.” Make sure to solve the image captcha in this step for human verification.
Step 3: Now, you’ll be able to see all the reports and accidents of the vehicle.
Method 3: Via Abu Dhabi Police
Step 2: Now carefully enter the vehicle chassis number and text in the image above the submit button. After filling in all the details, press “Submit” for the vehicle accident inquiry.
Step 3: Now, you can see a table with all the accident history below the submit button.
Besides these sources, you can get the info from Dubai Police or the Roads and Transport Authority(RTA).
Why is it essential to check accident history?
Checking a car’s accident history before purchasing helps identify potential safety concerns and financial risks. Knowing a car’s history can give you an idea of any hidden damage or structural weaknesses.
Knowing a car’s accident history can help identify any potential safety concerns. There may be structural damage or malfunctions in the systems. This can help ensure the vehicle is safe to drive and protect passengers in an accident.
A car with a history of accidents could require more frequent repairs and may have a lower resale value. Additionally, if the car was written off by an insurance company after an accident, it could lead to higher insurance premiums. This can be a financial burden in the long term.
Even if a car looks fine on the surface, there could be hidden damage that could compromise its safety or longevity. For example, a car involved in a flood could have hidden water damage that could cause electrical issues or rust over time.
Accidents affect car value
A car’s accident history affects the resale value, even if the damage was minor and has been repaired. This could affect your ability to resell or trade the car for a new vehicle.
If a car has a history of accidents, it could lead to higher insurance premiums. By checking the accident history before purchasing a car, you can understand your insurance premiums.
Peace of mind
By checking the accident history of a car, you can have peace of mind knowing that your purchase is safe and reliable. This can help you avoid any potential headaches or unexpected expenses.
Checking the accident history of a car is an important step in ensuring transparency in the used car market. By making accident history reports easily accessible, buyers can make informed decisions and avoid being misled.
Additional checks to perform before purchasing a car in UAE
In addition to checking the accident history, several other necessary steps are needed before purchasing a car in the UAE. These extra checks ensure that you get the best value for your money.
Here are some more checks to perform before purchasing a car in the UAE:
- Have the car inspected by a qualified mechanic to identify any mechanical issues or defects.
- Take the car for a test drive to get a feel for its performance, handling, and condition.
- Verify the car’s mileage to ensure any potential odometer tampering or fraud.
- Inspect the car’s body for any signs of damage or repainting, which could indicate previous accidents or other issues. A technical vehicle status certificate is a plus.
- Test all electronic systems, such as lights, air conditioning, and entertainment.
- Conduct a background check on the previous owner to determine if the car has any legal disputes, outstanding loans, or fines.
- Review the car’s service history to assess its maintenance and any recurring issues.
- Compare prices of similar cars in the market to negotiate a fair price and avoid overpaying.
- If possible, purchase a car with a warranty for added protection and to avoid unexpected repair costs.
What information is available in the accident history report?
An accident history report in the UAE typically includes the following information:
- Report number: This unique identifier is assigned to each accident report. You can also get any relevant additional information about the accident via this number.
- Source: The vehicle’s accident history report will identify the municipality or authority that recorded the accident. This information can help verify the accuracy of the report.
- Accident year, date, and time: The date and time of the accident are essential to understanding the accident.
- Severity of the accident: The report will indicate whether there were any injuries or fatalities in the accident.
- Type of accident: The accident police report will indicate the type of accident, such as collision, slip, or others.
- Any relevant info: The report also includes relevant information on UAE car accident history search. This includes road conditions, weather conditions, or any relevant factors.
- If you’re in need of a police clearance certificate in Dubai, our comprehensive guide provides a step-by-step guide on how to obtain one.
- Check out our guide on how to get an MRN number in Dubai – here.
- Find out everything you need to obtain a police clearance certificate in Abu Dhabi with our guide.
- To ensure you’re calculating your gratuity correctly when working in the UAE, check out our guide on how to calculate gratuity in UAE.
Is it possible to check car accident history with just the license plate number in UAE?
No, it is not possible to check a car’s accident history in UAE with just the license plate number due to privacy purposes. You can only use the car’s chassis number in verified sources to perform the check.
Do all types of accidents get reported in the accident history report in UAE?
Yes, all types of accidents are reported in the accident history report in UAE. This can range from minor collisions to major incidents.
Are there any fees associated with checking accident history of a car in UAE?
In UAE, checking a car’s accident history is free of cost online through the MOI, EVG, and Abu Dhabi police websites. However, if you obtain an RTA accident report, there is a processing fee of 120 Dirhams.
Can I check the accident history of a car that is not registered in my name in UAE?
Yes, you can check the accident history of a car in the UAE, even if it is not registered in your name. All you need to do is check VIN to obtain the accident history report from the relevant authorities.
In conclusion, checking traffic accident report in UAE is crucial for potential financial risks. You can get valuable information on the car’s past accidents, severity, and damages from the car accident records history.
Overall, taking the time to perform these checks can save you from potential headaches and expenses. We hope this Dbd guide has helped you learn everything about how to check accident history of a car in UAE.
About the author
Arijit Negi is an expatriate living in Dubai for 18 years. He completed his degree in Master of Arts in Journalism from the University of Mumbai. Arijit focuses on providing helpful guides and information for ex-pats living in UAE and visitors to the UAE.