You might have heard of the Golden Visa UAE being offered to people with different skillsets. With so many categories to apply in, you could be eligible too!
The Golden Visa is offered to people with something valuable to contribute to the UAE economy. It can be direct investment, entrepreneurship, or a skill set that will benefit the nation’s economy.
The United Arab Emirates can be a heaven for building wealth if you know what you are doing. So investors are always looking for new opportunities to get their hands on this pot of gold.
They offer many opportunities for those with different skill sets and professions. This article will discuss the requirements, benefits, and how to apply for a Golden Visa UAE.
What is Golden Visa UAE?
UAE Golden Visa is a long-term visa program. Under this, you can get a visa with a validity of 5 or ten years.
There are multiple ways of obtaining a golden visa, depending on your specialization. You can either apply as an entrepreneur, an investor, an outstanding student, a person with incredible talent, a retired person, etc. GDRFA, “Services Guide, https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=71ea8dd6-56c3-11ea-0320-0050569629e8″
UAE introduced the Golden Visa program in 2019 to attract foreign investments and talents. The country is aiming to become a global hub for businesses and innovations.
Obtaining a golden visa comes with plenty of benefits such as residency, work permit, visa-free travel to certain countries, and a higher possibility of citizenship.
While this visa is beneficial, the requirements to be met are high. As such, you will need a lot of money, outstanding skills, or a high level of education to get one. At the end of the visa’s term, it can be extended if all conditions are met.
Types of UAE Golden Visa
The golden visa is given to people for different reasons. Your reason for staying there also determines the duration of the visa.
There are UAE Golden Visas of two durations:
1. 10-year Golden Visa UAE
As the name implies, this visa is valid for ten years. A 10-year golden visa is given to investors, highly accomplished university graduates, and skilled professionals.
The skilled professionals who can get the 10-year golden visa include doctors, scientists, inventors, athletes, artists, engineers, etc. To be eligible, they require a recommendation letter confirming their skills.
Only the most proficient professionals are given a 10-year visa. UAE golden visa requirements and rules are more demanding for those who want a new golden visa for ten years instead five.
When someone gets the 10-year golden visa, they can bring their family member to stay with them too. The family includes their partner and unmarried children of all genders.
2. 5-year Golden Visa UAE
Real estate investors, entrepreneurs, outstanding high school students, and retired foreign nationals are eligible to obtain a 5-year golden visa.
Unlike university graduates, high school graduates cannot get a 10-year golden visa. However, an exception can be made for those whose degree takes longer than five years to get. GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Outstanding Students), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
If they fulfill the requirements, they can be official UAE residents for five years to practice their business, study, or enjoy retirement. Like the 10-year golden visa, a holder of a 5-year golden visa can also bring their family to live with them.
See also: Check this Dbd guide on – How to check UAE visa status online, where we have shared a detailed step-by-step guide with images.
What are the requirements for getting Golden Visa UAE?
If you want to apply for the Golden Visa UAE, there are a few requirements that you will need to meet.
First and foremost, the requirements will depend on the purpose of your visa. For example, student visa requirements are different from investor visa requirements.
With that being said, there are some general requirements to be met regardless of the type of visa. These include having a valid passport for at least six months and providing proof of medical insurance.
Additionally, you may be required to submit certain financial documents as well as provide fingerprints and a digital photograph. To ensure that you meet all of the golden visa UAE application requirements, read further below:
1. Investors: 10-year Golden Visa
You can be eligible for a golden visa as an investor that is valid for ten years if you meet one of the following three criteria: GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Investors), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80da4-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
- A letter from an investment fund in UAE must be submitted, stating a deposit of AED 2 million.
- A valid commercial or industrial license must be submitted with your company’s Memorandum of Association (MOA), whose investor capital is at least AED 2 million.
- A letter from the Federal Tax Authority must be submitted that states that the investor is the owner of a company that pays at least AED 250,000 to the government every year.
Once one of these conditions is met, and the required documents are submitted, the Golden Visa will be issued. The family members are also eligible to live in the UAE if the visa is approved.
This visa allows entry into the UAE for ten years, with the possibility of renewal if the condition is met.
2. Real Estate investors: 5-year Golden Visa
If real-estate investors meet all requirements, they can get a 5-year golden visa without a sponsor. A UAE property owner is granted a Golden Visa for five years if one of the following conditions is met: GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Investors), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80da4-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
- The investor can submit a letter from the Real Estate Registration Department in Dubai that shows that they own properties with a total value of at least 2 million AED and are not currently subject to loans.
- These real estate investments are eligible to be a loan of up to 2 million AED.
Real estate investors’ spouses and unmarried children also get visas for the same period.
3. Entrepreneurs: 5-year Golden Visa
Anyone looking to establish a new business can also obtain a golden visa in the UAE. The entrepreneur and their immediate family will also be given a visa for five years. GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Entreprenuers), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
These are the conditions that must be fulfilled:
- A certified auditor from the United Arab Emirates must submit a letter confirming the value of your new project is at least 500,000 AED.
- The concerned authorities from the United Arab Emirates must submit an approval letter stating that the new venture is technical and future-oriented.
- A recognized business incubator from the Emirate must submit an approval letter on behalf of the entrepreneur confirming that the project is technical and future-oriented.
- Submission of a Letter from an accredited business incubator or a competent authority in the Emirate stating that the project is of a technical or future nature (project founder).
Similarly, the entrepreneur can appoint up to three executive directors (and their families) who will also get a 5-year Golden visa. These are the conditions:
- An entrepreneur must submit a letter confirming their position as executive director.
- The executive director must agree to work with the entrepreneur for the duration of the residency.
- Submit a certified university degree.
4. Outstanding Students: 5-year or 10-year Golden Visa
Bright students with incredible academic achievements can apply for a Golden Residency Visa in UAE. Both five and 10-year terms are available and can be renewed automatically if all requirements are met. GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Outstanding Students), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
Here are the documents that are required:
- Ministry of Education’s recommendation letter (High school graduates) or the academic transcript and degree (University graduates).
- Copy of your sponsored residency if you are a Dubai resident.
- Copy of your sponsored passport.
5-year golden visa without a sponsor for outstanding high school students:
If you are a high school student ranked among the best in your country, you can get a 5-year visa without a sponsor. You must have at least a 95 percent private or public school score.
Here are some things you need to know:
- You will need to submit a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Education.
- Your visa can be extended if the degree you are enrolled in requires more than five years of study.
- Parents and siblings are also granted a Golden Visa for the same period if they need to stay in the United Arab Emirates.
10-year golden visa without a sponsor for outstanding university graduates:
An outstanding university graduate student can get a 10-year visa without a sponsor. But you need to know these things:
- You must submit a recommendation letter from a university, a graduation certificate, or an academic record with a GPA of at least 3.8.
- Parents and siblings of the university student will also be granted a Golden Visa for the same period.
5. Professional Talents: 10-year Golden Visa
- Athletes: Requires recommendation letter from the General Sports Authority or the Sports Council
- Specialists in culture and art: Requires a recommendation letter from the Department of Culture and Arts
- Inventors: Requires a recommendation letter from the Ministry of Economy. The letter must state that your patent is valuable to UAE’s economy.
- Specialists in engineering and science: Requires a copy of at least a Bachelor’s degree certified by the Ministry of Education. You also need a work contract specialized in one of these fields – Epidemiology & Virology, AI, Big Data, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Genetic Engineering, or Biotechnology Engineering.
- Scientists: Requires a recommendation letter from the Emirates Scientists Council or the secretariat of the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence. The letter must state that you have been awarded a Medal of Scientific Excellence.
- Doctors: Requires the Health Authority or Ministry of Health’s letter verifying the practice of the medical profession.
In all these cases, their immediate family members are also granted a golden visa for the same duration. Under the same conditions, these visas can be extended/renewed before expirations.
6. Retired Foreigner: 5-year Golden Visa
The United Arab Emirates is a popular destination for retirees from all over the world. One of the main reasons for this is the country’s Golden Visa program.
The UAE is a beautiful and relaxing place, with all the facilities and amenities you need for a comfortable life. In addition, the climate is perfect for retirees looking to escape the cold winters of their home countries.
It offers a five-year United Arab Emirates golden visa to retirees who meet certain criteria.  GDRFA, Golden Visa (Retired foreigner), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80db0-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″
If you’re considering retiring to the UAE, the Golden Visa program is worth considering. Here are the conditions you must meet:
- Your service period must have been at least 15 years before retirement. It does not matter whether it was inside or outside the UAE.
- You must have real estate in the United Arab Emirates worth a minimum of 1 million AED in market price. If this isn’t possible, you must have a financial deposit of at least 1 million AED inside the UAE.
- An annual income should not be less than AED 180,000. A bank statement for the last six months must also be submitted.
The family members, including their husband or wife and unmarried children, are also granted Golden Visas for five years.
How to apply for Golden visa UAE?
You can apply for a golden visa in UAE by following these steps:
Step 2: Choose “Individuals” or “Establishment / Typing Center,” whichever you are registering or logging in for.
Step 3: If you have not registered for the GDRFA services, click “Register Now” below the Password input box. If you have already registered an account, proceed to step 9.
Step 4: A registration page will open, where you must choose to register with an EID number or your email.
Step 5: If you choose the EID number option, enter your EID number, year of birth, and nationality.
Step 6: If you choose email, you must input a username, real name, email, birth date, and password.
Step 7: You will receive an OTP in your email, which you must enter in the input box labeled “One Time Password.” Then click on the ‘I accept.’
Step 8: Checkmark the box that says “I’m not a robot” and solve the captcha.
Step 9: Click on proceed.
Step 11: Input your login credentials – Username and Password.
Step 12: Hit the Login button.
After you log in, you can choose a service for any Golden visa type you need. You must fill the form with accurate information and attach all additional files necessary.
When attaching files such as your passport’s image, your photo, etc., make sure that you follow the file format and size guidelines.
Then you can pay the necessary UAE golden visa fees from within the app itself. You simply need to provide your banking details and pay the required amount.
You will be notified if you have missed any documents that were necessary to be attached. You must provide the missing documents within 30 days. If you fail to do so, the application will be canceled.
Alternatively, you can also apply for a golden visa from the GDRFA apps:
- Download the GDRFA-Dubai app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Register your new account.
- Select the required service.
- Attach the required documents.
- Pay the fees due for the service.
- Submit the request.
How much does UAE Golden Visa cost?
The 5-year and 10-year golden visas have different costs. It costs a little more to obtain a 10-year golden visa. Here is how the total cost stacks up:
5-year Golden Visa cost:
A 5-year golden visa requires these payments:
- Residency fees: 2280 AED
- ID fees: 575 AED
10-year Golden Visa cost:
A 10-year golden visa requires these payments:
- Residency fees: 2790 AED
- ID fees: 1070 AED
Golden visa UAE benefits
The main benefit of having a UAE Golden visa is that it allows you to live and work in the country without any restrictions. You will also be able to sponsor your family members for residency.
Here are some advantages of having a UAE or Dubai golden visa:
- You will have a multiple entry visa for a period of 5 or 10 years.
- You will get a tax exemption on your foreign income.
- You can utilize the technology and resources superior to most other countries.
- Entrepreneurs can quickly expand their company in the UAE to foreign markets with the help of outstanding travel routes and connections.
- Live with your spouse and children.
- Retirees, investors, entrepreneurs, etc., can apply for a new golden visa when their visas expire.
- Live in a diverse environment full of culture and traditions worldwide for a long time without worrying about yearly visa renewals.
- Be eligible for citizenship after your long stay.
UAE golden visa for residence – Why living in UAE is so great?
UAE has successfully attracted expats from all over the world with its golden visa system. The country is known for its safety, stability, and high standard of living.
Having a golden visa does not just let you take advantage of the nation’s facilities for a few years. It also gives you a better opportunity to become a citizen.
UAE has one of the finest luxury homes, modern architecture, and consumer goods. The country also offers a wide range of recreational activities, from skiing in the Hajar Mountains to scuba diving in the Red Sea.
Living is never dull in Dubai, so a golden visa is a great thing to have. The UAE has a significantly developed infrastructure, and it is constantly improving.
The roads are excellent, and the public transportation system is top-notch. There are also many world-class hospitals and schools in the country.
For those looking for a permanent change of scenery, the UAE offers all the amenities and facilities of a modern country. You can take advantage of the golden visa’s renewal and the possibility of obtaining citizenship.
The UAE is one of the safest countries to live in the world. It has a very low crime rate and no political instability. The country is also very hospitable to foreigners, and you will find that many people are fluent in English.
When you have a golden visa, there are no restrictions on how long you may stay abroad. You can choose to go back to your home country for several months if you miss it or have some work there.
Thanks to its rapidly growing economy, the UAE is quickly becoming one of the most prosperous countries in the Middle East. With so many employment opportunities, living in the UAE while holding a golden visa can give you some of the best jobs and lifestyles.
More Related Stories
- If you are looking to get citizenship in UAE, check out this Dbd guide on – How to get UAE citizenship.
- If you are concerned about your overstay in the UAE, take a look at our Dbd guide on – How to check the overstay fine in UAE, where we have shared all the latest information.
- Want to get updated about the latest services offered by ICA in UAE? Read our Dbd guide on – ICA services in UAE.
- Complete guide on Unified number UAE
- Check this Dbd guide on – UAE visa renewal, where we have shared a detailed process for both tourist visas and residency visas.
UAE golden visa for business – Why does the UAE attract so many businessmen?
Businessmen and entrepreneurs will find UAE a great place to thrive because of the many opportunities available. The tax-free environment is one of the main reasons why job-seekers are flocking to the country.
The UAE is also becoming a center for international business. With its modern infrastructure and excellent transportation connections, the UAE is ideal for companies operating in multiple countries.
The United Arab Emirates is an excellent place for jobholders as well. UAE has better average salaries than most other gulf countries.
There is no personal income tax, so you can keep everything you earn. There are also lots of recreational activities to get your mind off work.
The healthcare system is excellent, and there are plenty of places to refresh yourself. Some countries are better than UAE for making higher salaries.
But you aren’t paying any taxes, so you will take home a higher percentage of your income. The UAE is a great place to invest your money because there are no restrictions on foreign property ownership.
You can easily get a golden visa if you buy a property worth more than AED 1 million. If you are looking for entrepreneurship opportunities in tourism, maybe you should consider UAE.
The country is rapidly becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. With its beautiful beaches, luxury hotels, and modern facilities, it is not surprising that many people are choosing to spend their vacations here.
In addition, the UAE has a Consumer Price Index lower than most developed countries. This fact makes it an affordable place to live and work. All in all, the UAE is an ideal destination for making money.
FAQs about Golden Visa UAE
How to get UAE golden visa?
You can apply for a golden visa on GDRFA official website. You must have 1 million AED to spend on property inside the UAE or special skills or academic qualifications.
Why UAE is offering Golden visa?
The golden visa is part of the UAE’s plan to attract more foreign investors and skilled workers to the country. The aim is to make the UAE a more attractive investment destination and boost the economy.
Who qualifies for a Golden visa UAE?
People with special technical skills, such as doctors, scientists, athletes, engineers, etc., qualify for a golden visa in UAE. They must be highly skilled and need to present a recommendation letter from the respective authorities.
Toppers with over 95% scores also qualify for a five or 10-year golden visa
How much do I need to invest in UAE to get Golden Visa?
You must invest 1 million AED in properties inside the UAE to get a Golden Visa. If you are an entrepreneur, you must have a project worth 500,000 AED or more inside the UAE.
The UAE is an excellent place for businesses, especially with a golden visa UAE in hand. Entrepreneurs have many opportunities, and the tax-free environment means you can keep more of your income.
The country is also becoming a center for international business. So get ready to apply for a golden visa you are looking for a place to invest your money. There are no restrictions on foreign ownership in the UAE, after all.
The requirements and procedures for this long-term residency may seem daunting at first. But we encourage you to see if you are eligible for the visa and try to be a resident of the UAE if you are.
We hope this Dbd guide has helped provide an overview of the golden visa UAE.
With the help of this golden visa UAE guide, you can be on your way to obtaining a golden visa UAE in no time.
About the author
Sarika Patel is an experienced immigration expert with a Master's degree in Law from the University of Dubai. For the last two decades, she has been living in Dubai, and throughout this time, her focus has been on providing helpful information and advice to those seeking to immigrate or gain a visa in Dubai. Sarika is passionate about helping people navigate the often complex and confusing world of immigration, visa rules, and laws in the UAE.
|↑1||GDRFA, “Services Guide, https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=71ea8dd6-56c3-11ea-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑2||GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Outstanding Students), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑3||GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Investors), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80da4-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑4||GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Investors), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80da4-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑5||GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Entreprenuers), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑6||GDRFA, “Golden Visa (Outstanding Students), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80dad-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑7||GDRFA, “Golden visa service guide, https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=71ea8dd6-56c3-11ea-0320-0050569629e8″|
|↑8||GDRFA, Golden Visa (Retired foreigner), https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en/services?id=8ea80db0-f43e-11eb-0320-0050569629e8″|