If you want to learn how to activate du SIM, whether you’re a tourist or a local, you are in the right place.
du Telecom provides SIM cards for travelers (above 18) freely to those who visit Dubai. They aim to make tourism easier and safer.
Know about du SIM activation methods if you own one. The process is different for locals and foreigners. Also, learn about methods of contacting customer support for any queries.
In this Dbd guide, you will learn how to activate your du SIM card. So, without any delays, get started.
How to activate du SIM?
A du SIM card will be valid for 30 days. You can also extend the validity for the number of days you are staying in Dubai.
The way to activate the card is SIMple. Follow the procedures listed below to activate your du SIM.
- First, you need to buy a du SIM card.
- Then put the card on your mobile device. Turn on the device and dial *122#.
- You will then receive instructions to add your date of arrival, the country you arrived from, and your passport number.
- Input all valid credentials, and you will get a notification that your request to activate the SIM is being processed.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an SMS congratulating you on your SIM activation.
Let’s take a closer look at what that means.
Method 1: Activating du SIM card as a traveler
As a traveler, first, visit immigration counters where you can get a free prepaid du SIM card. Then switch off your mobile device and insert the SIM Card.
Now, follow the procedures listed below.
- Turn your device on. It will ask for your pin code which is 0000 and then dial *122#.
- You will then have to enter details like passport number, date of arrival, and country you arrived from. Make sure you enter the correct information as it determines if you are eligible to use the SIM card or not.
- If you are eligible, you will be notified that your request is being processed.
- After certain minutes, you will receive another notification saying that your SIM card has been approved and provides your card details, including your number.
- You can dial 135 to change the language settings for the mobile network services.
- After activation, you will get 3-minutes of talk time and 20MB of data.
Method 2: Activating a du SIM card for residents
You can also use du SIM cards as a resident of Dubai. You can buy a prepaid SIM card from any authorized dealer.
As a resident, you should update your personal information after purchasing a new prepaid SIM card or if your postpaid SIM card stops working.
- Once logged in, you need to enter your phone number and solve the captcha on the ID renewal page. After solving the captcha, click on the renew registration option.
- You will receive an OTP pin, which is four digits long. Use this pin to continue.
- Then you have to upload two pictures of your ID, one of the front and one of the backside. Enter your Emirates ID number and expiration date.
- After you agree to the terms of services, click confirm. Wait up to 48 hours for a reference number.
- Save the number for tracking the progress of your SIM card. To check the status, dial 6664.
How to communicate with du SIM customer care?
du SIM card users might face some issues or want to know more about their services. Thus, it is essential to contact customer support to report your complaints or receive information on features and benefits.
There are three ways of contacting du Customer Support. They are:
Method 1: Call them
The first way of contacting du Customer Support is by calling them. Customers can call 800155 or 155 to connect with the customer care of du SIM card if you are in the United Arab Emirates.
But if you are calling from other countries, dial +971 555678155 and contact du customer support. You can also dial *177# and get assigned to an available du representative. du, “Call customer service, https://www.du.ae/du-contactus#support-24-by-7:~:text=In%20UAE%3A,971%2055%205678155″
Method 2: Chat with them
The next way of contacting du Customer Support is by chatting with them. You can chat with them through messenger or WhatsApp.
You can also search du in messenger and start a conversation with them or add send messages to via WhatsApp on 971582428268. du, “Chat us, https://www.du.ae/du-contactus#:~:text=Get%20support%20anytime%20from%20BLU%20Online%20Chat”
Method 3: Get in touch through social media
du Customer Support is on social media like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You can visit their profiles and connect with them. You can also send direct messages to establish contact with du Customer Support.
- Don’t miss out on amazing du data offers to browse the internet while saving money.
- Also, learn how to check du balance, as activating the SIM is not enough.
- Have a quick look on the guide on how to check du number owner.
- Lastly, get amazing deals on du international call offers to stay connected with loved ones.
FAQs on activating du SIM
How can I activate my du SIM online?
You can easily use the online method for your du SIM activation and renewal. Also, you can buy a monthly plan or build your plan at your convenience. First, you must visit the du website and choose the plan that is best for you.
How do you check du SIM is active or not?
First, you have to be eligible to receive a SIM Card. Your passport number, date of arrival, and country you arrived from must be correct.
Then you can wait a few minutes to get the information processed and get a notification about your SIM card being approved. You can also dial 6664 to send an SMS and check your SIM card status.
How do I know my du service is activated?
If you want to check if your du service is activated, dial *135# on your dialer and press the call button. If you get a list of services on your screen, consider your du SIM is active. du, ” Check du services, “https://www.du.ae/dudiscoverydial%20*135%23#:~:text=Go%20Top-,Dial%20*135%23,-The%20number%20to”
How do I activate my du SIM at the airport?
When you arrive at the airport, go to the immigration counters to get a free prepaid du SIM card. You will need to insert the SIM card on your phone and turn on your device. To activate the SIM card, dial *122# and follow the instructions.
As a resident or tourist of the UAE, you can use du SIM, so you must learn how to activate du SIM. It is easy to use and gives excellent mobile services to its customer.
You can get a free SIM Card at immigration counters if you are a tourist. du SIM activation is also very easy and only requires your eligible details like passport number, date of arrival, and country you arrived from.
You can also get customer service if you have any issues or curiosity by calling them, chatting with them, or through social media.
About the author
Arijit Negi is a Senior Contributor at DbdPost. He has been living in Dubai for the last 18 years. He completed his degree in Master of Arts in Journalism from the University of Mumbai. Arijit's writing focuses on providing helpful guides and information for ex-pats living in UAE, as well as visitors to the UAE.
|↑1||du, “Call customer service, https://www.du.ae/du-contactus#support-24-by-7:~:text=In%20UAE%3A,971%2055%205678155″|
|↑2||du, “Chat us, https://www.du.ae/du-contactus#:~:text=Get%20support%20anytime%20from%20BLU%20Online%20Chat”|
|↑3||du, ” Check du services, “https://www.du.ae/dudiscoverydial%20*135%23#:~:text=Go%20Top-,Dial%20*135%23,-The%20number%20to”|